Friday, February 13, 2009

Update for Laura...lol....love ya girl!!

Okay, well Laura was fussing at me for not keeping up with my blog so here goes.....Life is going kind of crazy right now. As a matter of fact everything has been turned kind of upside down on us. Derek has been forced to go to dayshift at his job, which would be supercool if we could afford it, but we cannot. To send all three of my kiddos to daycare it would cost me $240 a week. I only made $198 a week. So as I'm sure you can tell that would be really stupid. So suddenly I am a sahm. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but I never really believed it would happen. I'm nervous. I'm scared. I truly believe though that this is the direction that God is sending me. I kept trying to find arrangements to keep my job and they kept falling through. My Mom told me that maybe someone was trying to tell me i needed to be home for a little while. As soon as she told me this I got on the computer and signed onto facebook....what do I see but a note that Tiffany Thompson Snyder wrote that was titled....It's Okay to Quit. Be Blessed.....I just sat there and laughed. I thought to myself...I get it....okay. I sat there and decided right there to quit trying to figure out what to do and just do what God was telling me to do. I don't know it might sound crazy to some, but I believe I'm where I'm supposed to be. Everybody just pray that everything works out for the best. I'm finding it a little difficult to adjust myself to being at home. I keep waiting for something that I'm supposed to do. Like how I wake up everyday and get ready for work...something like that, but it's just not there yet. I haven't quite found my niche. I sure I'll adjust soon though. Well lots of love to everyone. I'll try not to make it so long in between posts next time!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks girl! Ya know I love ya! I don't get out much(well, ever right now) so this is how I keep up with my people! Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and I am praying for you. Keep your head up and enjoy the time with your sweet kiddos. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment! I am hoping to keep it up and praying you will be able to accomplish what you want. I still need to lose 60 pounds! So, I'm not TOO into bragging just yet, but YES, I am excited. (Hows that for a comma happy English teacher)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, don't worry about it! I'm from Arkansas, so this has been hard for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete