Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not a diet. A lifestyle change!!

So I know I've been talking about dieting but not actually doing anything. I think that I thought if I talked about it to enough people then that would motivate me to actually do it. Obviously that wasn't the approach that I needed. What did work for me however was watching Half ton Dad, Half ton Mom, and Half ton teen on TLC last Sunday. I was watching it thinking...what person actually lets themselves get like this? How does a person just sit by and get this huge? Suddenly the answer was clear. They get there by doing exactly what I have been doing.......that would be absolutely nothing. They enjoyed their food too much and their exercise too little. I thought to myself that if I don't do something now I'm going to end up like one of these half ton people. My eating habits really aren't terrible. My drinking habits on the other hand are awful. I drink at least a two liter a day of Sundrop. Anybody know how many calories is in a two liter of Sundrop? Just a little over 1000 calories a day in Sundrop alone....good grief!! Can you imagine? If I eat anything like an average human being then I consume around 2000 calories a day in food and then when you add in that Sundrop....well to say the least it's no wonder I'm so overweight!! Anyways those stories actually did it. I have been dieting for one week and a day. As of this morning I have lost 3lbs (yay). I have been (mostly) leaving the sundrop alone, drinking water, eating the Special K Blueberry cereal for breakfast, having an Activia yogurt for a snack, having a small sandwich or a lean pocket for lunch, having a small bowl of special k for another snack and then having a fairly normal supper but with smaller portions. I'm eating fairly often so I don't get super hungry, but I'm ditching at least 1000 calories a day by not drinking my sundrop all day. I have let myself have a few sips on a few days. I have been doing 5-10 min of yoga a day. I know that isn't much but it's all this stupid body can do for now. Hopefully I'll build up to longer before long! Anyways, I just wanted to share my small success with everybody. Hope everyone is well!!

2 comments: