Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Almost There

I am so ready to be done!! Counting down the days. Sixteen days until my c-section!! I am so excited. I really wish she would come before then. I'm fighting my sugars and I am so afraid that something is going to happen to her before I can get her here. My sugars were in control, but this week they've not wanted to come down. My fasting is a little high and my two hour postprandial have been high as well. I had one two hour at 199 on Saturday. The others have been around the 170's which is still too high. Today after breakfast it was a little lower at 147, but that is still higher than they want it. It should be below 120 at the two hour mark. Sixteen days is not that long. I just need to grit my teeth and bare it. Anyone who has been here knows how long it can feel though. Pregnancy is one of the rare times in life that time can speed up and stand still all at the same time. I'm only up 15 lbs which is good, I just hope that I can actually lose some weight after I have her. Derek has lost 45 lbs in the last couple of months and is still maintaining his walk/workout schedule so I'm hoping that he can motivate me to do the same after I have her. I am sooooo ready to meet my Olivia. Everybody keep me and my daughter in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your having trouble with your sugars; that's got to be frustrating and a bit scary. You'll have Olivia in your arms in no time though and that's sooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why it shows that I posted this only three hours ago. I posted it like eight days ago. Weird!! Thanks though girl. The sugars are doing a little better. My doc upped my metformin which is helping. Only eight days to go. I'm getting excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I totally missed this post... sorry about that! I know how long the last month feels! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete