Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Authority

Grrr...ya know, I do realize that there must be authority figures at work, but for goodness sakes. It seems that some of the things that they come up with are just silly excuses for them to exert their "power". One of the new rules at my work is that we can no longer have a drink or snack in our work area at all...okay I can understand that one we do work in the public eye so I really do get it, but now they want us to have absolutely no personal items in our work station whatsoever....I mean why? I get no pics of the family. I work in a financial institution and I don't want to cause any threat to my family by having any would be robbers see their pics and try to kidnap them in order to make me cooperate with their wants, but they want no trinkets, no drawings from your children, no anything. It just seems as if they are trying to suck out anything that might possibly allow us to have any enjoyment while we are at work. Why? Is it really so terrible to think that we might have a happy thought while we are there. They fuss at us all day long about getting personal with our customers, but how can we do that when they are taking our personal away. That's basically what they are doing. It seems they are just finding any excuse they can to let us know that we are nothing and they are everything...gee thanks for that. Okay, I am now done with my rant...I don't normally fuss about my job, but that just irked me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can completely understand your frustrations. Your thought concerning the employees being on a personal level means it goes both ways. I think you have a very valid point...but, unfortunately it is what it is. :(

    ReplyDelete