Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On another note!!

My poor poor Avi Grace...Last Thursday she started running a mid grade fever.  Throughout the night it got quite a bit higher.  I took her to the doctor's office on Friday and they said that she had a sinus infection.  They prescribed her amoxicillan.  Well apparently she is allergic.  Yesterday she started breaking out and today it looks even worse. Her little head is covered and her back and belly look terrible.  She hasn't slept well in days.  She actually is taking a fairly good nap right now...*shock*....anyways bless her heart she has just felt down right awful.  Her sinuses seem to be getting better though.  Onto other things.... In case there is anyone who didn't know.  I started homeschooling Kollin.  He has fairly extreme ADHD and his motor skills are a little behind.  He is a smart child, but he can not make himself focus on anything even in his speech therapy when it is just him, one other child, and his speech teacher.  This gives him a really hard time in the classroom.  It gives his teacher a really hard time too.  I'm afraid that he struggles making friends and in fact one kid in his class threatened to come shoot him and his family.  Think I didn't throw a holy fit!!!  Anyways, after that I said enough is enough I want him home where I can deal with him and give him one on one time until he is a little older and a little more mature and is able to deal with his difficulties a little more effectively.  He still gets to go to the school and receive his speech therapy there.  I was thankful for that because I was really concerned about that.  He doesn't have pronunciation problems he has a comprehension problem.  He uses a lot of his words wrong and he has a hard time with understanding commands that have too much instruction.  For example If you tell him to touch the fish tank, he has no problem with it, but if you tell him to touch the table that is behind the fish tank he will probably still just touch the fish tank.  Were working on it though and I hope that he will grow to become a well adjusted man one day.  He is one of the sweetest kids I know.  He loves on me like crazy and I just adore him.  Hunter is a rotten little devil...he's funny.  He gets great thrill out of saying no.  Mind you he is only three.  His newest thing is no no no...I'm sure you can imagine exactly how he says it too.  He also gets great thrill out of holding out on kisses.  He thinks it's a game.  If you ask him for love he says a very short no and then laughs.  If you just tell him you love him and kiss on him, he'll kiss back, but don't ask because then it becomes a control issue.  Hunter is having speech difficulties as well.  A lot of that stems from hearing issues.  He had to have tubes put in his ears due to lots of ear infections and he also failed his hearing test.  He passed it recently because of the tubes, but it has put his speech fairly behind, and he is going to start speech therapy soon himself.  I pray Avianna will not have these same issues, but if she does we'll just keep trucking along.  Well I think I have significantly updated on my kiddos and I really don't have much of a life besides them, so goodbye for now!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were homeschooling Kollin. I think you've made the best decision. I want to wish you both lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete