Monday, January 5, 2009

SUPERMOM

I found out not too long ago that I was a true Mommy. Not just a woman who carried babies in her belly, but a true loving Mother. Now this may sound silly to some, I mean who doesn't assume that they are? Well I didn't assume otherwise........well why do you feel the need to state it now, you may ask! Well as some of you may know. Not long ago, about three months ago actually, my middle son Hunter, who is three, decided that he wanted to check the mail. So while we are standing on the poarch he decides to take off down the stairs and runs for the road...low and behold what do I hear? You guessed it...it was a car coming around the curve. Oh, the fear I felt in my heart. I have never been so scared in my whole life. I ran after that little boy as fast as my feet would take me...mind you this is quite down hill....well, I was running so hard that when my right leg hit the road the impact was so hard that I felt waves go up my leg and my knee popped, after that I fell and rolled. I broke my elbow, misplaced the cartilidge in my knee, bashed my head against the pavement nearly passing out and had tons of road rash. The car did get stopped and my son was okay, but I have to tell you....that was the worst thing I have ever been through in my whole life. The reason that I say that I am a true Mommy is the sacrifice that I was willing to make. I mean everybody assumes that they would give up their lives to save their children, but you never really know until you're put in the situation. That day, when I stepped into the road, I truly believed I was going to die. I thought that Hunter was going to die and I thought that I was going to die. I just knew we were going to be run over, but I had to try. I always thought that yes I would die for my children, but I always wondered if when the time came I would be able to do it. The answer is yes. I'm no perfect mom...there are usually dishes in my sink. My carpets are as nasty and filthy as they come. I mean if you want to come visit me at my home, you would truly need to give me like a week to clean up. I am normally no super mom, but that day I was. It is a good feeling to know what you are truly capable of doing when put to the test.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are an awesome mommy! I can't imagine the terror you felt that day. I'm glad that things are ok!

    And I am in your same boat- I would much rather play with my kids than clean! I bet your carpet isn't as bad as mine!

    I love ya girl- I think you are awesome!

    (I hope you keep this blog up)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'll try. Sometimes I have a million things on my mind that I would like to share/vent but when I sit down to try my mind will go blank and I have a hard time with my wording. Sometimes there are no words to describe how I feel. I will keep giving it a go though it's kind of a stress relief!! Some me time, which we all need I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete